Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Traumatic!

So, my boys were innocently playing in grandma's backyard when I hear them screaming "Leave us alone! Leave us alone!" At first I thought they were just fighting with eachother, but when I went out to investigate, I found the two of them perched atop a box behind the garage with tons of wasps swarming around them! I totally freaked. After pulling them down and running them into the house, we found two stings on Jackson and a whopping five on little Thorin! I was horrified, probably more than they were, and we were all bawling. Jeremy had to tease me about over-reacting because it took me longer to calm down from this incident than it did for the boys.

The offender



Jackson's first sting on his front upper thigh.


His second sting on the ring finger knuckle (it's hard to see in the pic, and we didn't have a band-aid that would stay on).

Thorin's sting over his left eye. You can see it's red and puffy.

Two more on his right arm a little above the wrist. You can see the two raised whitish bumps right next to eachother.

Another one on his inner thigh.

And the last one on his left arm.

Here's the box they had crawled on top of. It's a rubbermaid shed waiting to be assembled. You can see the wet spot on the box next to the water drum on the right. There's a hole in the box there, and that's where the nest was. Jeremy promptly went out and destroyed the nest and all offenders flying around. Nobody messes with his boys!

1 comment:

The Anderson's said...

aaaw.. poor little guys.